At Centre for Skills Development, the health and safety of our clients and staff is our number one priority. We are responding to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) situation including the closure of Centre for Skills Development locations to the public until further notice. For the latest updates about cancellations and closures, please continue to visit this 'CENTRE NEWS' section of our website.
We will shift our services to remote delivery to promote social distancing. Service delivery to new and existing clientswill still be available viatelephone, e-mail, or online services (based on client preference). Clients will be able to access information and updates regarding the changes to our services and programs in response to COVID-19 as the situation continues to evolve via centreforskills.ca
Please call or e-mail us for help with your employment service issues:
1-888-315-5521 x 3
ESL & Immigrant Services
ESL and LINC classes have been cancelled until further notice.
We will shift our immigrant services to remote delivery to promote social distancing. Service delivery to new and existing clientswill still be available viatelephone or e-mail. Clients will be able to access information and updates regarding the changes to our services and programs in response to COVID-19 as the situation continues to evolve via centreforskills.ca.
Please call or e-mail us for help with your settlement issues:
1-888-315-5521 x 5
Skilled Trades Services
‘Get In Gear’ will continue to provide the last three weeks of the GBES component of the program,as there has been no directive from Service Canada to postpone this program.
What You Can Do
- Stay home if you're not feeling well
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water (or hand sanitizer if not available)
- Visit Health Canada for evolving information about risk factors and symptoms
- Call your local public health department or Telehealth Ontario at 1 (866) 797-0000 for direction if you have symptoms or current risk factors apply to you, or if you have questions
- Practice cough and sneeze hygiene
We appreciate how difficult this evolving situation is for our clients, staff and volunteers and thank you for your understanding and patience. We will continue to provide updates on our website.
How We're Responding to COVID-19
At Centre for Skills Development, the health and safety of our clients and staff are our number one priority. We continue to monitor the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) situation in conjunction with local and federal health authorities. Centre for Skills Development is prepared to protect all those we serve through appropriate control measures.
Recommended Preventative Measures
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you or your children have symptoms of illness or are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Coughing into your arm is an alternative.
We are following the guidance of our local public health agencies as the situation continues to evolve. We are committed to keeping you informed about Centre for Skills Development programs and measures being taken to minimize impact to our Centre for Skills Development community.
Your health and well-being remains a top priority. Thank you for helping to ensure the health of our Centre for Skills Development community.