Produces ZOOK Canada rupture disks; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
The Disk Maker has the following Duties:
- Represent the company in a professional manner & set an example for all
- Adhere to all Plant and Safety rules
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Have the ability to work the overtime required
- Maintain excellent communication with your supervisor
- Attend meetings as required
- Attend all required training opportunities
- Communicate production issues in a timely manner
- Communicate with fellow employees in a professional manner
- Train employees as required (Safety, Quality, Production, Computer and work order instruction)
- Make suggestions to improve, cell layout, communication, employee concerns, health and safety, work organization
- Produce work according to the required manufacturing standards, work instructions, work order requirements and safety standards
- Read and interprete work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications
- Maintain and check stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Any task or duties from your supervisor
Sheet metal/Construction / Mechanical Aptitude, Fork Lift experience, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Attention to Detail, Judgment, Able to work within a team.
Required, High school diploma or GED
Walking Full Abilities
Standing Full Abilities
Sitting Full Abilities
Lifting floor to waist +15 Kilograms
Lifting waist to shoulder 5 Kilograms
Stair climbing Full Abilities
Ladder Climbing Occasional
Travel to work Ability to drive a car or use public transit
Bending and Twisting Full torso and upper body repetitive movement
Dexterity Must have use of both hands (gripping, pinching and fine work)
Push/Pull +10 Kilograms
Vibration hand, arms shoulders / upper body (Deburr, pedestal grinder)
Vision up close fine work
Company: ZOOK Canada
Hours: Full time
How to apply: email@example.com