H.L. Blachford Chemical Specialties
is a leading supplier of anti-tack coatings and process aids for rubber manufacturing, metallic stearates and soaps broadly used in polymers, as well as stearates dispersion for various industries. Technology is the cornerstone of Blachford’s approach to the markets we serve. We spend approximately 3% of sales on R&D to ensure we are meeting the rapidly changing needs of our customers. At Blachford, we are dedicated to exceeding our customer's expectations. If you’re looking to thrive in a new, rapidly growing and innovative space, we would love to hear from you. We are currently seeking a Technician to join our Research and Development team.
The Research and Development Technician
will execute on assigned pre-formulation and formulation development in compliance with all regulatory guidelines while at the same time ensuring compliance with current good manufacturing practices.
• Participate in formulation problem solving in a timely manner to support on time delivery of project objectives;
• Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and good documentation practices;
• Perform and review chemical physics tests on raw materials, bulk/finished products;
• Routine maintenance, calibration of lab equipment, and housekeeping in designated sections of lab;
• Troubleshooting operational upsets and minor technical issues;
• Ensure that safety issues are reported to Supervisor and promptly remedied;
• Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure effective decision making;
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED, Chemical or mechanical technician diploma is preferred.
• Three years’ work experience at chemical lab or plant is preferred;
• Superior communication and time management skills.
• Commitment to continuous professional improvement
• Attention to detail, self-management and problem-solving skills
• Proficient with computers
• Ability to obtain results with minimal supervision.
• Team oriented
If you are interested in applying for this job opportunity please follow the steps outlined below:
- If you are Registered with us at the Centre please submit your resume to your assigned Employment Advisor and ask them to review it and submit on your behalf.
- If you are not currently registered with us at the Centre please call 905 333 3499, x144 for assistance.
Post ID: HC-350
Company: H.L Blachford
Hours: Full time
How to apply: Hemant.Chauhan@centreforskills.ca