Fraser Direct in Milton is looking for a Receiver in their Warehouse
Wage is $16.50 – $18.00.
Must have prior RF scanner experience to be considered.
Must have forklift experience to reach the higher end of the wage range.
JOB OPPORTUNITY: RECEIVING
WAGE: $16.50 - $18.00 (depending on equipment experience)
SHIFT: Days, Monday to Friday (7:00am - 3:30pm)
LOCATION: Milton, ON
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Receiver is responsible for accurately and efficiently receiving inbound shipments for the Warehouse. Receiving is the gate-way to our company, so we are looking for fast, accurate, and motivated people to take care of what's coming in the door. Fraser Direct receiving procedures are more detailed than average warehouses, due to the variety of client requirements. Accuracy, ability to count and sort, and strong RF scanner experience is required. Forklift experience is preferred and is a primary factor in establishing wage rate (reach forklift & counterbalance forklift).
In a small team size, this person also provides crucial back-up to multiple areas of the business such as Shipping, Inventory, and Order Picking. The opportunity to grow and learn exists, for which a positive team player is needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unload inbound shipments from trailer, using forklift, walkie, and/or pump truck
- Stage shipment in the Receiving area for verification
- Verify products received with packing list or purchase order
- Enter products in the RF scanner, carefully and accurately entering highly detailed information (e.g. product number, quantity, expiry date, lot numbers)
- Follow client-specific receiving procedures (e.g. some clients need a sample approved by QA prior to entering into Inventory)
- Follow all SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for client-specific product handling requirements
- Rebuild pallets of product as required by either load condition or client direction
- Hand-bomb certain client product as required
- Cross-train and provide regular back-up for Forklift activity such as product put -way, inventory replenishment, cycle counts
- Cross-train and provide regular back-up for other business activity such as shipment preparation & verification, loading outbound trailers, and picking orders
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 2 years of Warehouse experience.
- RF scanner (handheld) experience required.
- Forklift experience required (reach forklift and counterbalance forklift)
- Walkie experience an asset.
- Must be thorough and accurate. Strong attention to detail required for Quality Assurance purposes.
- Good time management abilities, able to stay on task.
- Committed team player. Able to be flexible when necessary to support the overall Warehouse Team.
- Accountable and dependable. Able to work well under time constraints and with high volumes.
- Strong respect for health & safety, including use and/or maintenance of equipment.
- Growth interest an asset, cross-training opportunities available
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB:
- Warehouse environment, highly QA controlled and very clean. Ambient temperature.
- Ability to lift or move heavy objects (up to 50 lb).
- Ability to stand, bend, and walk around throughout the day.
- CSA-approved safety shoes required.
Fraser Direct is growing third-party logistics and distribution company based in Milton, Ontario that specializes in providing best-in-class service tailored to each of our key clients.
We are a family-run company that thrives on teamwork and a commitment to "deliver the promise". We are friendly and fun, but we also hustle to get things done. Our workplace is very busy and often very complicated, so there is never a dull moment. To be a part of our team you must be ready to take on challenges and never stop learning, changing, and growing. See more at www.fraserdirect.ca.
Fraser Direct welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please let us know.
To apply, please contact your Employment Specialist
Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre For Skills office Location to schedule an appointment to register with an Employment Specialist.
- Burlington: 905-333-3499 x140
- Oakville: 905-845-1157 x101
- Milton: 905-693-8458 x101
- Mississauga: 905-855-6933 x101
Post ID: JD106
Company: Fraser Direct
Hours: Full time
Wage: $16.50 – $18.00
How to apply: email@example.com