Our Information Technology team aspires to be a leader in applying technology to power business strategies. We connect concepts with solutions to create value and efficiencies for our clients, employees, and communities. Our success is driven by our skilled and diverse team who are passionate about excellence, innovation, and agility. As the Junior Systems Developer you will be a member of an integral team responsible for developing system-based solutions by formulating programs, developing and maintaining codes and documenting processes for consistency and continuous improvement.
Technologies you have experience with:
What you’re responsible for:
- Java and/or Gosu, SQL, Git and/or GitHub is an asset.
- Supporting the team in various responsibilities including estimating assigned tasks, completing status reports, and creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Participating in the design and execution of program coding to implement features of small to medium complexity
- Contributing to an implementation and back-out plan for a single system
- Assisting with unit testing for developed code, verifying functionalities and supporting system and user acceptance testing.
What to expect:
- Rotational on-call schedule, with shifts during evenings and weekends
- Extended work hours, including evenings and weekends, may be required
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment
To join our team:
What we offer:
- You have 1-3 years of experience in Information Technology or a related field
- You have completed post-secondary education in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- You have applied software development experience
- You have experience writing SQL queries
- Having working experience in Guidewire PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter or other home and auto insurance application systems is an asset.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST BY PROVIDING THEM WITH THE POST ID SHOWN BELOW!
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers
- Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits
IF HOWEVER YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED WITH THE CENTRE FOR SKILLS - PLEASE CALL 289 218 6204 FOR ASSISTANCE.
Post ID: HC-522
Company: The Co-Operators
Hours: Full time
Wage: TBD based on Experience and Ability
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org