Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Work Location: Oakville ON (Etobicoke for training)
Full time hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $17.00 +++ per hour
You will be setting up, operating and troubleshooting the machines that package candy into secondary packages and/or shippers. You will supply candy for the machines (operating hoists to move candy into collection tables, moving collection tables into place, raking or shoveling candy to the conveyor) and palletize packed shippers. You will be responsible for conducting metal detection checks, weight checks, completing documentation as required, and ensuring product quality and food safety.
- Completion of high school
- Mechanically inclined: able to operate, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment
- Ability to perform visual inspection of products
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment
- Ability to provide directions to others
We want you!
You are adaptable, active, self-starting, attentive to detail, and able to complete a variety of activities to get the job done.
Training will be provided to suitable candidates.
Note: This position will train at our facility at 956 Islington Ave., Etobicoke, and will transfer to 2351 Winston Park Drive in Oakville in October.
Please contact your Employment Specialist for more information;
Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre for Skills Development Employment Services office to find out how to apply:
• Burlington: 905-333-3499 x140
• Oakville: 905-845-1157 x101
• Milton: 905-693-8458 x101
• Mississauga: 905-855-6933 x101
Post ID: LM346-3
Company: Kerr's Candy
Hours: Full time
How to apply: Lori.Mclaughlin@centreforskills.ca