Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a
difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then
you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America’s foremost property
We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for
even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’
quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their
colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Job Description/Duties Summary is general in nature and may be changed, added to or reduced from time to time as needed.
- This position requires adaptability to different situations and the hours may change in the future.
- This position serves condominium residents by providing information and services. Self-motivated; outgoing; detail oriented and customer focused individual with excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills including emailing, identifying and organizing resources to provide exceptional service that exceeds residents’ expectations. As a Security Guard you will play a vital role to ensuring our communities safety and security.
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies and clarifies residents’ needs and desires, answers questions, gives directions and instructions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and act quickly.
- Manages and screens messages
- Schedules access for authorized vendors to provide services within units
- Maintains guest privacy and organization reputation by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks
- Enhances department and organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Ensures all safety and access control procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Provide protection to the clients, residents and property of the buildings we are contracted to provide services. Provide assistance/ support by answering customer inquiries and direct as required.
- Observe floors and stairways ensuring that they are clear of debris, obstructions and fire hazards and that access doors to sensitive/priority areas are locked. Be alert to deficiencies in the physical building which could cause injury or loss of client’s assets.
- Enforce client’s rules, regulations, Municipal, Ontario and Canadian Laws and assist Police and Medical Staff when required.
- Provide exceptional Customer Service to Clients, Customers, Contractors and Visitors to client’s property.
- Perform routine property patrols of all levels of building, parking areas and perimeter and respond to and Emergencies and Fire Alarms.
- Follow up with daily documentation, daily occurrence log, incident reports and front desk software as required.
- Follow all On-site Procedures: Employee Handbook Policies and Procedures, Training Checklist, Standing Orders or Standard Operation Procedures, Client Policies and FirstService Residential Policies.
Education & Experience
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work
- Follow all policies and Standard Operation Procedures as instructed by Management
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned and assist Housekeeping when required.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Must possess a valid Ontario Security License
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Completion of College level courses with concentration in Business/Hospitality or Police/Security Foundations would be an asset.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in the Services industry or Customer Service Field would be an asset.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel
- Must be goal minded and possess a self-starting drive to get the job done
- Ability to listen to others, collaborate, and resolve conflict
- Protect the confidential nature of the work as appropriate
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management abilities with the ability to implement and monitor progress for successful completion; working well under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent problem solves; demonstrates ability to use creative alternatives
- Has a working knowledge of legislation impacting property management
- Works effectively with coworkers, clients, customers, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; addresses problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions
- Strong ethical practices
Tools & Equipment Used
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
- Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and unusual office equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work morning, afternoon, night and weekend shifts
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to communicate both on the phone and in person with our clients in order to resolve issues and manage the business
- The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions at an onsite community.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply, please contact your Employment Specialist; Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre for Skills Employment Services office to find out how to apply
• Burlington: 905-333-3499 x140
• Oakville: 905-845-1157 x101
• Milton: 905-693-8458 x101
• Mississauga: 905-855-6933 x101
Company: First Service Residential
Hours: Full time
How to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org