**This program has been postponed until further notice (most likely Fall of 2020). Please leave your information in the contact form linked below to be included on our waitlist, and we will be sure to follow-up with you at that time.
This 22-week program combines practical hands-on training with theory instruction and small business management skills training. Students graduate with a well-rounded, relevant skill set, experience and safety certifications.
We strongly encourage all interested applicants to apply as the Centre for Skills Development strives to create a diverse environment in which provides equal opportunity that prohibits any form of discrimination.
This program is for you if:
- You like to work with your hands
- You learn by doing (not sitting at a desk)
- You like working with tools
- You want to gain skills to get employed or start your own business
- You want employment assistance upon graduation
During this 22-week program students will get hands-on, shop floor training in:
- Framing techniques, floor, wall and roof systems
- Door and window installation
- Roofing and skylights
- Ontario Building Code
- Introduction to sub-trades
- Blueprint reading
- Hand and power tools
- Finish carpentry
- Painting and interior finishes
- Energy Star building practices
- Hardwood, laminate and ceramic flooring
- Drywall and taping
- Decks and stairs
- Construction business management
- Construction Safety Training: WHMIS, First Aid, CPR
- Business – marketing communications
There are many job opportunities available to graduates of this program. Click here to review our job map and explore the possibilities!
Need more information?
Review our frequently asked questions.
For information about Skilled Trades Training, or to arrange a personal orientation, please complete our CONTACT FORM or call 905.333.3499 x 321
For information about hiring a skilled trades graduate, please contact Mike Harwood: firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.333.3499 x 107 / 1.888.315.5521 x 107