Career Change | Job Seekers
Do you want to change your career or need re-training to grow your career?
Our Employment Specialists
offer career planning assistance that can help you define your career goals and explore career paths right for you and your individual values and interests. We can help you determine if you are qualified to receive funding to go back to school through Better Jobs Ontario
Better Jobs Ontario:
- Helps unemployed, laid-off people get training for jobs that are “in-demand”.
- You may also be eligible if you are from a low-income household and experiencing challenges attaching to the labour market.
- Assistance with covering the costs of: Tuition, books, transportation, dependant care, and basic living allowance for those that qualify.
- Training must be for 52 weeks or less.
- Our Employment Specialists can help you determine if you meet the eligibility and suitability requirements for this program and assist you in preparing your application for funding.
- The Ministry of Labour, Immigration and Skills Development reviews your completed application and makes the funding decision.
- Contact one of our Employment Specialists today to see if Better Jobs Ontario is the next right step for you!
- Sometimes we change careers by choice and sometimes the change is imposed on us when our old occupation or sector no longer exists or we can no longer do the job physically or mentally.
- Change can be challenging but it can also be exciting! It’s an opportunity to take stock of your interests, values, skills and personal preferences.
- Our trained Employment Specialists can help guide you on the path of exploring new careers. We have an array of assessments to help you narrow down the choices in occupations and how to research those occupations for best fit. We can also guide you on the labour market to see what jobs are hot now and what types of jobs may be prevalent in future years.
- We can help you determine if your new career is something you’ll need formal training or upgrading for, or leverage your transferable skills by training on-the-job. Some careers also provide options to learn through apprenticeship.
- Book an appointment with one of our Employment Specialists to start exploring your options today!
Call or visit one of our Employment Resource Centres for more information or to get started.
CONNECT WITH US
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.