The position of Shipper/Receiver reports to the Supply Chain Manager and is responsible for our inbound and outbound activities and records of documents pertaining to the shipping and receiving of goods:
• Responsible for all inbound deliveries / Accept delivery, unload goods and inspect shipments from trucks
• Verify incoming goods against packing slip and Virelec purchase order
• Unpack, inspect and reject damaged/defective goods
• Receive purchase order and maintain records in ERP system and on corporate network
• Route goods to appropriate areas/put away in designated area
• Collect manufacturer documentation from shipments
• Notify Supply Chain of items delivered without proper paperwork, shortages of goods...
• Responsible for all outbound shipments / Prepare and pack units for shipment
• Manage packing materials including assembly of containers, crates and skids
• Determine best method of shipment when not predetermined
• Prepare identifying information and shipping instructions to attach to shipment
• Prepare shipping documents as required by destination of shipment
• Coordinate arrangements with carrier and issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials to end user
• Load goods onto trucks
• Assist Control House Specialist with arrangements for shipping shelters as required.
• Able to operate hand truck, cranes, hoists, lift trucks, etc. or any other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
• Knowledge of safe handling practices and correct procedures for various types of material handling
• Maintain compliance with laws, regulations and/or standards
• Use correct procedure and safety practices for working at heights, ie. Ladders, storing/removing material from mezzanine area, etc.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Follow company safety rules, WHMIS training, health and safety procedures. Wear appropriate safety shoes at all times
• Complete special projects and miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
•Excellent reading, written and oral communication skills, numeracy skills.
• Must be computer literate. Experience with an ERP system would be a strong asset.
• High school diploma. College diploma would be an asset.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience.
• Ability to work independently and coordinate between various teams.
We are located in an industrial building where the office staff and manufacturing are together in one building.
Hours of work could be either 8am-4pm or 8:30-4:30pm. It is a full time contract position.
There would be no benefits provided as it is a contract position and the vacation would be paid at 4% upon termination or employee request.
How to apply, please contact your Employment Advisor;
Non-registered applicants, please email your resume to email@example.com using the Post ID number above.
Post ID: LM280
Hours: Full time
How to apply: see details in posting on "how to apply"