Fraser Direct is looking for a Project Monitor for their busy warehouse. This person is a general labourer who is capable of a bit more responsibility. They work on the line with others, but perform extra duties such as hourly quality checks and raising issues to the Team Leaders when required.
POSITION: Project Monitor
REPORTS TO: Project Supervisor
SHIFT: Days (Monday to Friday, 6am – 2:30pm)
WAGE: $14.75 – 15.25 to start
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Assist in set up of project area. Prior to commencing a project, the Project Team Leader will meet with the Project Monitor assigned to the project and discuss the following criteria:
* IWR (intimate knowledge required) * Planogram
* Productivity expectations * Task time allotted for each position
* Tasks required at each station * Hourly expected production output
Once all the details are outlined, the Project Monitor is responsible for executing the plan.
The Project Monitor will meet with each team member to discuss expectations of the project (how it is to be executed and what is expected from the team and individual) and provide the following information:
o Planogram must be with the IWR for constant reference
o Productivity expectation must be clearly documented
o Shift Checklist showing productivity at 3 designated checks per shift
· Provide necessary training and IWR sign off.
· Rotate staff when possible to eliminate potential injury, boredom, performance issues, etc. Schedule breaks accordingly for each “line” to be on breaks at the same time. This will ensure that production starts, stops and resumes at the same time and is productive.
· Ensure quality standards and checks (as outlined in IWR) continuously meet specification for the project and/or work conforms to the sample. Monitor performance of individuals. QA is number one priority.
· While working and monitoring progress, be aware of the front end and back end. Ensure all stations are adequately fed to keep the line going. Ensure there are no bottlenecks at the end of the line. Stations must be ready and clean for next shift.
· Zero tolerance for non-performance or unacceptable behaviour. This must be actioned immediately and discussed with the Project Team Leader.
· May also be scheduled in other departments
· All other duties as assigned
· Warehouse experience an asset.
· Ability to train and share knowledge; strong team building skills.
· Comprehension of written documentation. Effective planning and time management skills; must be able to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines
· Strong problem solving skills. Strong attention to detail and Excellent customer service skills
· Good communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
· Grade 12 or equivalent or relevant experience
· Trained on all necessary internal SOP documentation and procedures.
· All applicable Occupational Safety and Health Regulations.
· Other Fraser Direct specific training for designated position as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB:
· Warehouse environment (very clean, QA controlled)
· Ability to stand and walk around for duration of shift
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· CSA-approved safety shoes required
To apply, please contact your Employment Specialist
Non-registered applicants, please contact your nearest Centre For Skills office Location to schedule an appointment to register with an Employment Specialist.
· Burlington: 905-333-3499 x140
· Oakville: 905-845-1157 x101
· Milton: 905-693-8458 x101
· Mississauga: 905-855-6933 x101
Post ID: JD074
Hours: Full time
How to apply: email@example.com