Location: 1930 Derry Rd. East, Mississauga, ON
Shift: Thursday to Monday 6:00AM to 2:30PM (Sunday to Thursday also available)
Wage: Grade 1, $14.00 to $14.71 an hour *Please note the position is in a bonded warehouse which requires a criminal history check / a five year employment and residency check*
A Warehouse Associate I impacts the organization by meeting specific operational key performance indicators. This entry level position is responsible for warehouse functions including, but not limited to, unloading, sorting, picking, kitting, packing, shipping and cycle counts.
The Warehouse Associate I may use RF Scanners, carts, and/or pallet jacks.
The person in this position may use PC-based warehouse management systems to track packages, confirm shipments, print labels and perform inventory counts.
This position works under direct supervision of a Senior Warehouse Associate and/or Supervisor.
• Receive and inspect inbound product according to established SOPs./ Put away product in correct location based on SOPs.
• Receive returns, count and confirm quantities, determine condition and complete paperwork
• Obtain orders, prioritize if necessary, select products from the proper locations/ Verify accuracy of orders picked, escalate concerns to Supervisor.
• Stage and securely pack product based on SOPs.
• Place the appropriate documentation with each order, ensure all cases are clearly labelled and accurately marked (e.g., pick/pack slips, stickers).
• Handle products and perform duties according to client procedures, SOP's and government / compliance regulations.
• Palletize cases, wrap, and load pallets onto trailers.
• Create shipping labels and other paperwork for parcels and LTL skid shipments (e.g., waybills, shipping manifests, shipping labels); maintain accurate shipping data in warehouse management system. • Stage and coordinate outbound shipments/ Use scanners to electronically scan barcodes.
• Encourage safe work practices in others, communicate to Supervsior areas where safety training and enforcement is needed, and participate in Comprehensive Health & Safety Program (CHSP) initiatives
• Ensure all equipment is in proper working order (e.g., conveyors, doors, docks and signal lights).
Education and Work Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Warehouse experience an asset The position requires the use of a forklift however certification is done entirely in house and experience is not required! Compensation
• $14.00 to $14.71 an hour ( Annual merit increases based on performance)
• Defined Contribution pension plan that UPS matches dollar for dollar up to a set percentage
• Up to $6000 per year tuition reimbursement for employees looking to complete an Undergraduate Degree
• Company funded benefits plan including dental, healthcare, massage therapy and much more
• Career advancement opportunities available
• Discounted Employee Stock Purchasing Plan
• Forklift certification done at no cost to the employee (experience isn’t required,-we are happy to provide certification on our own!
Post ID: LM203-2
Hours: Full time
How to apply: To apply, please contact your Employment Advisor; Non-registered applicants, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Post ID "LM203-2" Thank you!